Treat yourself 3
Treat yourself to a global NVC community more connected than ever[edit | edit source]
WHY JOIN THE CNVC/NVC-O COMMUNITY?[edit | edit source]
- Join our global network of NVC practitioners
- Find resources in your language, practice groups, projects, potential collaborators, and more!
- Support the evolution of CNVC and the growth of a new international organisation
- NVC-O Community Members are invited to form and join Community Weaves, including Recognised Role Weaves
STEP 1: REVIEW THE VISION, PURPOSE, AND MISSION OF THE CNVC/NVC-O COMMUNITY[edit | edit source]
(For VIDEO AND AUDIO presentations about these topics, go the the presentations folder.)
Vision of the Community[edit | edit source]
We envision a world where systems, cultures, and individuals support the wellbeing and empowerment of all people, with care for past, present, and future life.
Purpose of the Community[edit | edit source]
To live and radiate interdependence and compassion.
Mission of the Community[edit | edit source]
We are an informal community spread across the world, dedicated to supporting Members of our Community and individuals and organisations beyond that Community in creating a world that works for all. We:
- CONNECT: by actively reaching out to individuals and organisations and supporting them to learn and integrate NVC principles and practices;
- SUPPORT: each other through empathic and authentic presence and connection;
- DEVELOP: principles and invent practices through hands-on work in different contexts and cultures that contribute to the creation of a world that works for all;
- MODEL: Nonviolent Communication principles and practices as individuals, in our interactions with others, and in the groups and organisations that we work in and with;
- INSPIRE: others to consider looking at NVC principles and practices as a tool that could enrich their lives;
- INITIATE: and organise events that nourish, celebrate and expand our Community;
- PROVIDE: input for the Organisation by harvesting the wisdom and knowledge generated within the Community.
STEP 2: CHECK WITH YOUR HEART/HEAD/BODY[edit | edit source]
"Do I support this Vision, Purpose, and Mission?”
Membership in the CNVC/NVC-O Community is open to anyone who answers “Yes” to this question.
STEP 3: FILL IN THE REGISTRATION FORM[edit | edit source]
Joining the CNVC/NVC-O Community also registers you to be able to log in to this website, and participate in its online discussion groups.
Notes about the registration process:
- You will be able to change your your answers to any of the registration questions after you register, by logging into this website and editing your user profile.
- You may adjust who has access to the information you supply, either as you fill out the registration form, or later. By default, CNVC/NVC-O Community Members will be able to view responses, including name, location and contact information. The public will be able to view only your country, and details about your interest in CNVC/NVC-O and the New Future Process.
- You will not be able to change your username after registering. The suggested form for usernames is “firstname.lastname“, all lowercase, with no accents, and with spaces replaced by periods.
- Note that if you forget to fill out a required field, when you submit the form it will reappear, with an error message near the field you forgot to fill out.
- When you join, you will be added to a mailing list that CNVC/NVC-O can use to send you email announcements. You will be able to opt out of receiving mail (as soon as we actually get a formal email list set up!)
If you have feedback about this registration process, technical problems, or want to share anything related to the New Future Process, feel free to contact us.